Join Pack 809’s Spring Campout at Mt. Diablo’s Live Oak Campground
Join us for the annual PACK 809 Spring Campout in Danville’s backyard, Mount Diablo State Park. There will be a lot of fun hiking around Rock City, looking for tarantulas, skits, s’mores and more. Join us for a great outdoor experience with your scout!! (note: moms and dads are welcome)
Your scout must be registered with Boy Scouts and have paid the registration fee to attend.
Live Oak campground is less than 30 minutes away and close to Rock City! It doesn’t get any easier for this much fun. The pack will provide all meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
Register by Sunday, April 29 and save $10 per person!
What you should bring
You should bring the following items to make your camping experience a more comfortable one:
- Sleeping and Bedding: Tent, hammer, ground cloth, sleeping bags, air mattress, pillows, extra blankets, lanterns, flashlights, chairs for around campfire.
- Personal Items: Bathroom supplies. Clothing including jackets or sweaters, sturdy shoes or hiking boots, scout uniform with neckerchief, hat, scout T-shirt, handbook, compass, whittling chip card, pocket knife, water bottle and mess kit (cup/mug, plate, bowl, spoon, fork, knife).
Disposable plates, cups, cutlery, etc. are not consistent with the “Leave No Trace” principle in scouting and should not be used.
The pack incurs costs from the moment an event is planned, so any cancellations will incur an $8 per person fee.
Important information and park regulations
- We are allowed 2 vehicles per campsite overnight, but only 1 is included in the campsite fees we paid. If you are driving and staying overnight, please be prepared to pay a vehicle fee.
- Park gates close at sunset (6:30pm), so once you’re in, your’re in for the night. To get out in an emergency, call 911 and they will contact the Ranger to escort you out. Park gates reopen at 8:00 am.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited by the park and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Dogs are not recommended due to extensive restrictions.
- Water is available through faucets located around in the campground.